[AMBER] Coordinating atoms and dummy atoms too close in 12-6-4 dummy atom model.

From: ¹ù ¼Ò·ª via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:58:05 +0000

Hi,

Recently, I have been attempting to construct a molecular dynamics model using the 12-6-4 LJ nonbonded cationic dummy model. During minimization, I observed a phenomenon where, apart from Mg2+, other metal ions exhibited closer distances between virtual atoms and coordinating atoms, resulting in unsuccessful heating. I am uncertain about the underlying cause. Could it be that the virtual atoms lie outside the metal's van der Waals radius? Would introducing a negligible Rmin/2 and ¦Å term for the virtual atoms potentially resolve this issue?

Is there anyone who can assist me? I am immensely grateful.

Sincerely,
Jiafan Guo
Graduate Student associate from Clinical Laboratory Center,
The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.