Re: [AMBER] RMSD of protein with domain insertion

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:15:47 -0400

you can use different masks for the simulation and reference structure (as
well as different prmtop files, which would also be needed in your case.
Assuming you have built a prmtop for the WT as well, this should be
fairly simple to do

first, load your insertion prmtop and your WT prmtop using tags.
https://amberhub.chpc.utah.edu/parameter-reference-tagging/
then, use the appropriate prmtop tag when loading in the reference
coordinates (WT tag).
Use the insertion prmtop tag when loading the trajectory.
this should let you load in both coordinate sets with different prmtops.

now you want to do your rmsd calculation, but with different atom selection
for reference and trajectory.
you'll use both mask and refmask in the rmsd command, and use the tag to
specify that the reference should be your WT structure.
https://amberhub.chpc.utah.edu/rmsd/