[AMBER] Compressing/Expanding Monolayer Systems

From: Amanda Ferrante via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 23:02:53 +0000

Dear AMBER community,

I need to preform several monolayer simulations, starting with a single-component DPPC monolayer and eventually a 4-lipid component monolayer with a surfactant protein embedded.

I have not been able to figure out how to run a simulation in which I can compress/expand the xy area by applying pressure (or tension) and keep z coordinate fixed during the simulation. I know in other programs you can apply pressure/tension and set the compressibility parameter along the z to 0 to keep that fixed but I am not sure how to do this in AMBER.

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction with this.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Amanda