Re: [AMBER] MM-GBSA Entropy Calculation Error

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 12:21:43 -0400

Hi,

There are two issues here. The std::bad_alloc error usually arises when
you’re out of memory or there is an integer overflow somewhere. It’s almost
impossible for me to tell which without knowing more details about your
system setup (machine you ran on, exact input, program versions, etc).

Second, 120 frames is nowhere near enough to properly populate a covariance
matrix of 1308 atoms, let alone residues. The general rule of thumb is you
should have at least the same number of frames as selected coordinates
(i.e. the number of selected atoms times 3), and ideally more. Also note
the entropy calculated from quasi-harmonic analysis is probably only going
to be useful if your system is in a single relatively well-behaved
conformation.

-Dan