Re: [AMBER] Adding extra solvent molecules to a membrane-protein system

From: Todd Minehardt via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:57:36 -0600

Sinjini,

I see there is already a detailed approach but here is what I was going to
suggest:

(1) Take your system PDB and manually remove the protein chain from it,
save that file;

(2) Run tLEaP as you did before, only use the saved file without the
protein chain in the loadpdb step; and

(3) Make sure you change the names of the prmtop and crd files, you should
now have your system with water (and maybe counterions, too) where the
protein chain was before.

Cheers,

Todd