[AMBER] NTWX Value Advice for Final MD Run

From: Kaleem Arshad via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 05:39:04 +0000

Hi, all.

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to inform you that I am currently undertaking a molecular dynamics (MD) simulation of a tuberculous protein complexed with a drug. The primary objective of this simulation is to evaluate the stability of the interaction between the drug and the protein, with the aim of assessing its potential as a lead compound.

The simulation is planned for a duration of 50 nanoseconds, employing a time step (dt) of 0.002. I intend to perform a comprehensive analysis of various parameters to gain insights into the system dynamics. Specifically, I am interested in monitoring the Radius of Gyration (RoG), Root Mean Square Deviation (RMSD), Root Mean Square Fluctuation (RMSF), and hydrogen bonding throughout the simulation. Additionally, I plan to conduct MMPB/GBSA calculations.

Considering the diverse timescales of these analyses, I would appreciate your guidance on how often I should save frames to the trajectory file to ensure a robust and meaningful analysis. Your expertise and insights will be invaluable in optimizing the simulation setup for obtaining reliable results.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your advice.

Regards,

Dr. Kaleem Arshad