Re: [AMBER] Best practises for running MD with RNA structures

From: Christina Bergonzo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 08:50:24 -0500

Good morning,

You can use this (old) tutorial as a starting point for running nucleic
acid simulations: https://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/index.php
But, you *should* read the methods sections of the papers Darrin mentioned,
understand what is meant by eg., thermostat and barostat by looking up
those input file variables in the Amber manual, and set the variables
accordingly.

After I build & solvate my nucleic acid system, I personally use the
following script to minimize and solvent-equilibrate:
https://github.com/drroe/AmberMdPrep

Good luck!
-Christina