Re: [AMBER] my RTX 3060 Ti is slower than my RTX 2060 SUPER by 2X

From: Ross Walker via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 14:13:53 -0500

Hi Tom,

What does 'nvidia-smi' show while the calculation is running? particularly the temperature - Is the 3060TI hitting a temperature limit and getting throttled for example? I've seen that in new installs where some plastic covering that was in the case or a cable gets sucked into the GPU fan. That causes the GPU to overheat so it down clocks drastically.

All the best
Ross