[AMBER] MCPB-related Gaussian error

From: Mario Lopez Martin via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:22:45 +0000

Dear colleagues,

I have been trying to parametrize a metal-containing anion using the MCPB protocol. I managed to run it more or less smoothly but checking the Gaussian .log files I keep finding this Warning in the fc and mk calculations:

Warning! S atom 12 may be hypervalent but has no d functions.
Warning! S atom 35 may be hypervalent but has no d functions.

I used the 6-31G(d,p) basis set for the parametrization, and upon seeing this error I tried to use bigger basis sets:

- 6-311G(d,p)
- cc-pVTZ
- 6-311++G(3df, 2p)

But I still get the same warning. Has anyone encountered this kind of Warning and has an idea of how to approach it?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Mario

[cid:image001.png.01DA2C2C.97B44D50]<http://www.uab.cat/>
Mario López-Martín, Ph.D.
Margarita Salas Postdoctoral Researcher

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department
Biophysics Unit

School of Medicine - M0-105-I
Campus de la UAB ˇ 08193 Bellaterra
(Cerdanyola del Vallčs) ˇ Barcelona ˇ Spain
www.uab.cat<http://www.uab.cat/>

[cid:image002.png.01DA2C2C.97B44D50]<https://orcid.org/%200000-0001-5496-9827>[cid:image003.png.01DA2C2C.97B44D50]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/mlmartin-microbio>[cid:image004.png.01DA2C2C.97B44D50]