Re: [AMBER] restart H-REMD simulation

From: Shi Zhang via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:17:17 +0000

Hello Juraj,

Do you mean that you want to append the restart simulation outputs to the ones from your previous run? My suggestion is to restart another whole new H-REMD simulation using the final *ti.rst7 from the previous run as the new starting structure for the next run. For your following analysis stage, if you want to analyze the free energy using the edgembar module in AmberTools23, you can combine all the extracted energy info from each run and perform the analysis. Besides that, the replica exchange log file (remlog) cannot be restarted at the moment, which still requires another set of output files.

I notice that you are using dt=1fs, if you intend to run the H-REMD simulation longer, you may want to increase it to 4fs (with hydrogen-mass repartitioning) and some suggested changes to consider:

1. use parmed to turn on HMR for the unisc.parm7
2. change dt to 0.004
3. you can delete the "noshakemask" flags

Hope this helps!

Shi