Re: [AMBER] [Sender Not Verified] Can we use turbomole ESP data in amber

From: Steinbrecher, Thomas via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 14:14:51 +0200

Hi,

are you asking if this is possible or if it is scientifically correct/a
good idea? Turbomole ESP data is probably equally useful to fit partial
charge to as sqm or Gaussian ESPs, but I dont think the Amber tools will do
the fitting for you. If you create atomic partial charges from Turbomole in
a common fileformat such as mol2 somehow, you can use them to parameterize
a molecule in Amber. For example antechamber allows you to read in your
gaff parameterized molecule and take partial charges only from a second
input file with the -a, -fa and -ao commandline arguments.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 12:48 PM K A SIVASANKER via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
wrote:

> **Warning** The sender address (K A SIVASANKER via AMBER ) can not be
> verified, sender email address could be spoofed. Please take care to
> proceed.
> Dear friends,
> Can we use Turbomole electrostatic potential data for GAFF force field in
> AMBER just like Gaussian calculation at HF/6-311G with pop=mk and iop
> calculation (basically we applied MEP) ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sivasanker K A
> NCL ID-12183
> c/o Dr. Kumar Vanka
> Physical & Material Chemistry
> CSIR NCL Pune

*Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher*
Principal Scientist CADD
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development
Roche Innovation Center Basel
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Bldg. 092/3.92
Grenzacherstrasse 124