Re: [AMBER] SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 09:08:05 -0600

On Tue, Oct 03, 2023, Trevor Kramer via AMBER wrote:

>We are getting a urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error
>[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>
>error when running the update_amber script. Did the certificate expire on
>the server?

The certificate did indeed expire, and it has proved very difficult to get
this fixed. I was told that a new certificate was up this morning, but
can't yet confirm that myself. It may be that propagating the change will
take some time. [I am personally pretty clueless about all of this security
and certificate stuff works.]

....dac