Re: [AMBER] amber unit

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:04:30 -0400

Hi,

> The manual mentions that velocity is written in Angstrom/ 1/20 ps.

This is correct and is the unit of velocities in Amber
trajectory/restart formats, and is a result of the unit system (AKMA)
that Amber uses.

> But the unit of diffusion is Ang.^2/ps

This is also correct. Cpptraj internally converts velocity information
to Ang/ps before processing.

> I also integrate using the command.
>
> integrate cpvec.dat:2 out cpptrajinte.dat name int

I'm guessing you read in the data with 'readdata' but didn't specify
the index column, so cpptraj read the time (column 1) from cpvec.dat
as a data set and the VAC function from column 2 as a separate data
set. You need to specify:

readdata cpvec.dat index 1

This matters because the integration needs the correct X values.

Hopefully this clears things up.

-Dan

PS - Is there any reason you're using 'direct' in 'velocityautocorr'?
It's so much slower than the FFT version of the calc and the results
are the same - it's really just there for debugging.