[AMBER] H-bond analysis

From: Neelanjana via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 12:17:15 +0530

Dear AMBER users,

This is a query from my group member who was (somehow) unable to get into
the AMBER mailing list. Answers appreciated.

Thank you,
Neelanjana Sengupta

Dear List Members,
I am using "hbond" command in cpptraj with the following lines as mentioned
in one of the "hbond Examples" of AMBER-Hub

hbond HB out nhb.dat avgout solute_avg.dat \
 solventacceptor :WAT.O solventdonor :WAT \
 solvout solvent_avg.dat bridgeout bridge.dat \
 series uuseries uuhbonds.agr uvseries uvhbonds.agr

The [series] keyword should save hydrogen bond formed (1.0) or not formed
(0.0) per frame for any detected hydrogen bond.
However, the uvhbonds.agr file (which write solute-solvent hbond time
series data) gave data in many places as 2 and 3.
Could someone please assist me in comprehending these results?

Regards,
--
Rakiba Rohman
Post-doctoral Fellow, DBS