[AMBER] Applying external electric field in the simulation

From: Markowska <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:56:25 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I would like to apply an external electric field across the z-axis of my
system, which is a membrane-bound protein.
I searched the manual for some information, and I got a list of parameters
which are related to electric field, such as efz, efn, frcopt, efphase, and
effreq. But I feel a bit lost here...

So, let's say I want to have a voltage of -500 eV across the z-axis (the
membrane). Which parameters should I include in my production file?
Also, according to the manual of Amber22, this function is not implemented
in pmemd.CUDA - is it true?

This is my standard production run:
Production 303K 10ns
 &cntrl