Re: [AMBER] Problem with time records in cpout- files in REMD CpHMD simulation

From: Elvira Tarasova via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:50:15 -0400

Dear Amber community,

I'm reaching out to remind everyone about my previous question, which
unfortunately hasn't received any responses yet. I would really appreciate
any help or insights you can provide.

The question is below:

Dear Amber-community,

I have a question regarding REMD CpHMD simulation.

During my REMD CpHMD simulation (I used Amber 18), which spanned 1500 ns
with a pH range from 3.0 to 7.5 and a 0.5 increment, I faced an error
related to the cphstats program (cphstats --fix-remd) while preprocessing
the cpout-files after the first 1000 ns. The specific error message was as
follows:

*Did not recognize the format of cpout remd-*_pH3_5_00101.cpout.Error:
Cpout file remd-*_pH3_5_00101.cpout is invalid! Skipping.*

Upon inspecting the cpout files, I noticed that time records were missing after
1000ns, replaced instead by *"Time: **********"*. The last available time
record was "*Time: 999999.990*".
I assume that the absence of time records is the root cause of the error.
Please, correct me if I am mistaken.

Therefore, I would like to ask you if there is a solution to this problem
that doesn't involve manually fixing the time records. If there are
alternative methods to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your
guidance.

Furthermore, I would like to understand the significance of the three
digits after the decimal point in the time records in cpout-files, as shown
in example below:
Time: 578417*.995*
Time: 588400*.195*
Time: 588401*.995*
And where can I find these three digits after the decimal point in case I
need to fix this problem manually?

Thank you for your time and support.
Best Regards,
Elvira