Re: [AMBER] Problems running a membrane-bound protein with ATP-Mg complex using CHARMM-GUI parameters

From: Markowska <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:38:13 +0200

Dear Amber users, Maria and Gerardo!

Thank you for your help, I finally managed to run my simulation, but it
wasn't so easy to fix the issue.
One thing was that I was missing restraints on the ATP-Mg complex, and also
my dihe.restraint file was wrong and I needed to adjust it as well.
Luckily, a colleague reached me and gave me his working ATP-Mg complex
parameters.

But I'm still wondering about the parameterization of the ATP-Mg complex. I
built a system in CHARMM-GUI, and I wanted to run the simulations using two
different engines: gromacs and Amber. For gromacs, the CHARMM-GUI files
were working just fine, but for Amber they weren't. And the most important
change I did was changing the ATP structure and parameters.
In the gromacs system the ATP I simulated contains hydrogens in the
phosphorus groups, while in the system for Amber - it did not. I'm
attaching a figure to show you what I mean.
Also, because of that, I needed to add 8 K+ ions in the system to
neutralize the charge, and now the systems are different for each
simulation engine.

Is there another way to parameterize the ATP-Mg complex here? Because I
would like to have the same number of ions in the system for both Amber and
gromacs simulations.
I would be glad for any idea on how to parameterize the complex to keep the
hydrogens!

Best regards,
Karolina

czw., 20 lip 2023 o 14:50 Gerardo Zerbetto De Palma <g.zerbetto.gmail.com>