[AMBER] Aligning MD snapshots excluding loops

From: Bhattacharjee, Sinjini via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:37:27 +0000

Hi AMBER community,

I am working with a membrane-protein system which has numerous loops. I want to obtain the best aligned MD snapshots but only fit the helices and beta sheets and exclude the loop regions.

I have the following questions:

What is the best way to do this in cpptraj?
Should I use the ‘align’ keyword along with the atom mask for everything excluding loops ?

Also, what is the difference between the ‘align’ and ‘rms’ fit option for the above purpose?

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Best,

Sinjini Bhattacharjee

PhD Student
Molecular Theory and Spectroscopy
Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung
45470 Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany

email: bhattacharjee.kofo.mpg.de<mailto:bhattacharjee.kofo.mpg.de>
---