Re: [AMBER] TIP5P water model parameter files issue

From: Zafar,Muhammad Saqlain via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 05:32:59 +0000

Following are my commands to run tleap

packmol < water.inp &

tleap

source leaprc.protein.ff14SB

source leaprc.gaff

loadoff solvents.lib

 HOH = TP5
WAT = TP5

loadamberparams frcmod.tip5p

mol=loadpdb system_new_pdb.pdb

setbox mol vdw

saveamberparm mol wtr_1.prmtop wtr_2.prmcrd

                quit
While saving ( saveamberparm mol wtr_1.prmtop wtr_2.prmcrd ) following error comes.

Error: Failed to generate parameters

Warning: Parameter file was not saved.

i want to know where i am having problem.

Á¦¸ñ: Re: [AMBER] TIP5P water model parameter files issue

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023, Zafar,Muhammad Saqlain via AMBER wrote:

>I need to use TIP5P water model to reproduce the density anomaly of water.
>
>but source leaprc.water.Tip5p and other parameter files are not found in my
>specified directory.

You can do this:

loadOff solvents.lib
HOH = TP5
WAT = TP5

That will load the TIP5P model, and make it the default for residues named
HOH or WAT. This will also load a TIP5PBOX unit that can be used in the
solvate commands in tleap. (To get pure water, solvate a TP5 unit).

I think(?) the reason we don't have a leaprc.water.tip5p file is that we
don't have recommended values for ions that go along with this model. But
if you just need a pure water simulation, what is in the solvents.lib file
should be what you need.

....good luck.....dac