Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic Integration problems

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:32:41 -0400

I'm not an expert on the TI errors so will let others address that part.
However, I wonder why you are doing the setbox command and editing the
outputs from leap - does the solvateoct alone not produce a usable file?

*A secondary problem I have encountered is when I use a truncated
octahedron for the solvation of the system with solvateOct. I use this
command in leap for the complex and the protein: setBox protein/complex vdw
{ x = y = z }, and then I manually edit the last line of
protein/complex.rst7 and merged_protein/complex.rst7 with the angles a = b
= c = 109.47. When I run the calculation, it halts with Error: ifbox=2 in
prmtop but angles are not correct. Incidentally, when I set ifbox=3 it runs
without this error. Is this an acceptable solution?*