Re: [AMBER] RMS Fluctuation limit and difference in Temperature maximum Density (TMD)

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 12:59:24 -0400

On Tue, Jul 18, 2023, Zafar,Muhammad Saqlain via AMBER wrote:

>I have been new to AMBER. i start simulating water model TIP4P-EW to
>calculate the Temperature maximum Density (TMD) .
>While running NPT for 10ns with 512 water molecule i got the density out
>file (eq.out) with higher density than that of previous work already done
>
>previous work TMD 0.998
>My simulation result TMD 1.0656

What is the difference between the "previous work" and the
current simulation? Are the temperatures for the two simulations reported
above the same?

I think we would need to see details of your simulation to provide any help
here. Your RMS density fluctuation (0.11 g/cc) seems high, but I
don't have any directly comparable simulations to compare to.

....dac