Re: [AMBER] Facing difficulty in performing Amber Crystal simulations

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 09:50:31 -0400

I think you have a lot of things going on here, and my advice would be to
make sure you're comfortable with building and running standard simulations
in solution before taking this step.
It sounds like you need to know more about building systems, as well as
making custom force field parameters.
You can look here:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/BuildingSystems.php
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/ForceField.php

The intro tutorials on the Amber site are very good for learning how to set
up a simulation in explicit water. I suggest doing a system with only
standard parameters first.
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial13/index.php

You can work through that one, and then move on to building any new force
field parameters.
Once your system is working in solution, you can move on to a crystal
lattice simulation.

As you do these, you could let us know of any questions by reference the
exact steps you take, along with the input files and specific error
messages that you encounter. That is much more helpful than the general
questions that you listed below.