Re: [AMBER] QM+Link final coordinates

From: Ross Walker via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 22:08:26 +0100

Hi Hector,

Under the explicit caveat that it's been almost 20 years since I looked at this code and am taking a quick 30 second look now:

Line 246 of AmberTools/src/sander/qm_mm.F90

  if(qmmm_struct%qm_mm_first_call) then
    if (qmmm_mpi%commqmmm_master) then
      call qm_print_coords(nstep,.true.)
      if (abfqmmm_param%abfqmmm /= 1) then
         write(6,'(/80("-")/" 3.1 QM CALCULATION INFO",/80("-"))')
      end if
    end if
  end if

It looks like you could probably just comment out the qm_mm_first_call if / end if - that would then get you a file called qmmm_region.pdb.nstep printed on every step. That would be a LOT of I/O so you could also add a modulus test for nstep so it prints say only every 1000 steps. Something like:

    if (qmmm_mpi%commqmmm_master) then
      if (mod(nstep,1000)==0) then
        call qm_print_coords(nstep,.true.)
        if (abfqmmm_param%abfqmmm /= 1) then
           write(6,'(/80("-")/" 3.1 QM CALCULATION INFO",/80("-"))')
        end if
      end if
    end if

Recompile and see if that works. - You could also add and if nstep = whatever you set nstlim to (you might have to manually add it since I don't know if nstlim is in scope within that routine or not) call qm_print_coords... to get the final coordinates written out.

All the best
Ross