Re: [AMBER] [Sender Not Verified] Re: [Sender Not Verified] Determine whether water molecules are with 1 Ã… of crystal waters from the PDB structure during the MD simulation

From: Steinbrecher, Thomas via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:07:41 +0200

Hi Eddy,

Im just speculating here, but I doubt this is possible or likely to be
implemented. There is always the assumption that absolute coordinates are
meaningless and only relative ones are of interest, so the translate to
point command is in itself a bit of an outlier in Amber. Otoh, vmd accepts
'x>5' type absolute coordinate selections and maybe doing analysis or
preprocessing there could be an alternative if you definitely need to
select by cartesian coordinates.

Kind Regards,

Thomas