Re: [AMBER] ff19SB on Gromacs

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:52:53 -0400

Hi Franz,
thanks that's very helpful. Amber uses the residue name inside Leap while
it is building the topology, but inside the final topology file itself the
cmaps are specified using atom number and cmap id (pointing to a table of
cmaps that are stored in the topology file itself), so no residue name is
needed. I'm not sure why Jason suggested that the prmtop uses the residue
name (unless I misunderstood his comment on the github issue). It sounds
like converting what is in the Amber prmtop to something needed for gromacs
should be straightforward. As I said I'm not familiar myself with how
gromacs implements cmaps or how they are stored. Does it assign cmaps based
on atom type?
carlos