Re: [AMBER] Trouble Installing OpenMPI on Amazon Linux 2 (Centos)

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 21:25:58 -0400

On Wed, Jun 07, 2023, Evan Biedermann wrote:

>I agree that the installation of OpenMPI was probably not done correctly
>because I had to use a work-around to get it installed. There was no
>"configure_openmpi" file when I unpacked the tar,

Aargh...it's amazing how quickly things can get out of date. Go to
amber22_src/AmberTools/src (after doing a serial Amber install), and copy
the configure_openmpi script there to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src. Go to the
latter directory (where you have already untarred openmpi-4.0.1.tar.gz) and
run the configure_openmpi script.

I'm not sure this will work, since I don't really understand why cmake is
unable to find the Fortran MPI. I still think the alternative of trying
"yum install" followed by a "module load" might be worth a try, perhaps even
before doing what is described in the preceeding paragraph.

...good luck....dac