Re: [AMBER] pmemd simulation exits abnormally

From: mish via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 09:34:11 -0500

I have done microsecond-long MD of several membrane simulations with ntb =
2 using both Amber 20 and 22 with no such issues, just in case it helps to
find the actual cause of this problem. I used these settings:

# prod.in
# prod at 300 K, constant pressure- 10ns
#

&cntrl
 imin=0,
 nstlim=5000000
 dt=0.002,
 irest=1,
 ntx=5,
 iwrap=0,

 ntpr=50000,
 ntwx=50000,
 ntwr=50000,
 ioutfm=1,

 ntf=1,
 ntb=2,
 cut=10.0,

 temp0=300.0,
 ntt=3,
 gamma_ln=2.0,

 ntp=1,
 pres0=1.0,
 taup=1.2,

 ntc=2,
&end

hope you are not trying to use TI functionally. I have been trying to
figure out this issue in a non-membrane protein-glycan system for GaMD
simulations. It looks like GaMD and TI code have something going on in my
system that abruptly changes potential energies to NAN or *** within just
10 steps, but randomly at some point during MD (earlier being within 50 ps
and longest being about 19 ns). CPU code, however, works fine.

Best,
Mish