Re: [AMBER] Amber cannot find blas from cray-libsci

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 12:17:57 -0400

On Thu, May 11, 2023, Siwakorn Sukharom via AMBER wrote:

>I want to build Amber22 on cray system, and I would like to use cray-libsci
>for blas and lapack as suggested in reference manual
>

>"If you are building Amber for a high performance computing environment, it
>is highly recommended to make use of an optimized BLAS implementation"

An admittedly non-answer:

That sentence is both old and non-Cray-specific. I'm guessing(?) that
actual Amber MD runs would never see the 50-100% speedup one might get on
"large matrix operations". More niche codes, like RISM or PB, use a larger
fraction of linear algebra.

That said, I hope the Cray gurus on the list can chime in with their
experience. It might be helpful to state the exact computer and compilers
that you are using.

....regards...dac