Re: [AMBER] Cuda accelerated GIST-PME?

From: Franz Waibl via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 12:36:02 +0200

Dear Brian, dear Dan,

I am a former PhD student in Prof. Liedl's lab, and did some work on the GIST codebase. As far as I know, there are no plans for a GPU implementation of PME-GIST, but I am sure it would be highly appreciated.
To get optimal performance, one would probably have to implement both the entropy and the PME part on the GPU. The entropy should be the easier part. For the PME energy, GIST currently uses the helPME library. If you plan on implementing PME on the GPU, you could think about adding it to helPME, to make it available to other projects as well.

Best,
Franz