Re: [AMBER] amber install error

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 16:26:41 -0500

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023, Tang, Jun via AMBER wrote:

>I got an error while compiling ambermd. Please let me know how to get
>around this error with "lvalue required as increment operand"

Can you say what OS you are using? What options did you give to run_cmake?

You seem to have most things in /home/ubuntu/src/ambermd/amber20_src, but
there are also lots of references to /home/ubuntu/miniconda3, which suggests
that you may have set that as your PYTHON_EXECUTABLE (?).

>use_prebuilt_cythonized_files = False

Not sure, but I'm a bit surprised at this message. We have seen this
problem at least once before, but with no resolution (that I see). My
general impression (from similar errors in other python projects) is that
the cython extensions might have been made for a different version of
python.

It seems worth trying a fresh install with all defaults, if you've not
already done that.

..good luck...dac