Re: [AMBER] Error while running finddgref.py script

From: Vinicius Wilian Cruzeiro via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:10:15 +0000

Hello Akhil,

You should use a nstlim value that gives you a converged fraction of protonation in the production run. The choice is system dependent, but I would say you need to run at least 10 ns minimum.

What finddgref.py does at the very beginning is to run very short simulations to get a quick sense of where the delta G reference should be. With nstlim=50 and ntcnstph=5, your cpout file must have 5 entries. So, it should not be blank. Did you check your mdout file to ensure the simulation ran successfully?

I hope this helps,

Vinícius Wilian D. Cruzeiro, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Chemistry