Re: [AMBER] R: Reimaging issues

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 07:30:29 -0500

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 3:27 PM Damiano Spadoni via AMBER
<amber.ambermd.org> wrote:
> On a different task, would it make sense to use the RDF function to look for the number of water molecules that get in the different active sites, i. e. the RDF of wat mols around the metal cofactor in the active site? Or the Watershell command is more indicated for the study?

They're fundamentally very similar - watershell is essentially just 2
unnormalized bins of a RDF histogram (the RDF of course is just a
molecule count histogram normalized by expected molecule density over
slices of increasing volume). The RDF will provide you more
information as long as it's properly normalized (which it
approximately is for water by default). Hope this helps,

-Dan