Re: [AMBER] Questions regarding the installation process

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:08:39 -0500

On Mon, Jan 09, 2023, Elahi, Pascal (Pawsey, Kensington WA) via AMBER wrote:

>I am trying to install amber.20 via spack but I have found the underlying
>configuration files that need to be patched very confusing. Could you
>provide some guidance and perhaps point to some documentation that would
>answer the following questions:

The Amber team doesn't have anything directly to do with spack packages.
 From your description (which refers to "configure2") it sounds like things are
based on a out-dated build system -- we have been using CMake for some time,
and the old "configure2" systems are only there for emergency use, and are
not being updated any more.

That said, maybe someone on the list is spack-aware and has a working
recipe.

....regards...dac