Re: [AMBER] Announcement about upcoming changes to Amber license fees

From: Dr. Vaibhav Anil Dixit via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 10:25:13 +0530

Dear David,
This is really great news for academic groups around the world.
It would also be helpful if you can have special discounts for start-ups.
A big thanks to you and the rest of the Amber development team.
Happy new year and best wishes and regards.
Vaibhav

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 7:27 PM David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
wrote:

> He everyone: here is an announcment about upcoming changes to Amber
> license
> fees:
>
> License fees for Amber22 will change on April 15, 2023. The fee for
> not-for-profit users will be removed, and fees for for-profit users
> will become $25,000 USD for new licensees, and $20,000 for returning
> sites.
>
> The Amber development community wants to thank all those who have
> helped its development through past purchases, all of which go to
> support development and documention. We believe that we can maintain
> a high-quality and innovative code base going forward, while removing
> a significant financial barrier for academic and other not-for-profit
> users.
>
> Note there is no change to license itself, just to the license
> fee. AmberTools will continue to use the GNU General Public License
> (GPL), whereas Amber itself has own license. The main difference
> is that AmberTools can be modified and redistributed as allowed by
> the GPL, whereas Amber allows modifications but not redistribution.
> See the individual license files for details.
>
> ...thanks...and Happy New Year to all!....dave case

Regards,
Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,
Asst. Prof., Department of Medicinal Chemistry,
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research,
Guwahati (NIPER-G),
Sila Katamur (Halugurisuk),
P.O.: Changsari, Dist: Kamrup, Pin: 781101, Assam, India
Mob. No. +91-7709129400,
Email: vaibhav.niperguwahati.in; vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
https://niperguwahati.ac.in/DOC/profile/dixit.pdfhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941
NCBI bibliography:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1Jgo56b26_AYKd/bibliography/public/