[AMBER] Announcement about upcoming changes to Amber license fees

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 08:48:27 -0500

He everyone: here is an announcment about upcoming changes to Amber license
fees:

     License fees for Amber22 will change on April 15, 2023. The fee for
     not-for-profit users will be removed, and fees for for-profit users
     will become $25,000 USD for new licensees, and $20,000 for returning
     sites.

     The Amber development community wants to thank all those who have
     helped its development through past purchases, all of which go to
     support development and documention. We believe that we can maintain
     a high-quality and innovative code base going forward, while removing
     a significant financial barrier for academic and other not-for-profit
     users.

     Note there is no change to license itself, just to the license
     fee. AmberTools will continue to use the GNU General Public License
     (GPL), whereas Amber itself has own license. The main difference
     is that AmberTools can be modified and redistributed as allowed by
     the GPL, whereas Amber allows modifications but not redistribution.
     See the individual license files for details.

...thanks...and Happy New Year to all!....dave case