Re: [AMBER] installation windows.h no file found

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 22:09:51 -0500

On Thu, Dec 29, 2022, Ryan Woltz via AMBER wrote:

>- force ubuntu to use xorg (not the new default which doesn't allow screen
>sharing). This seem to solve amber failure to install with GUI.

Alternative is to add -DBUILD_GUI=FALSE to the run_cmake script. Do you
know you are going to need xleap? We may make this the default in future
releases...comments welcome.

>-changed the header of file
>amber22_src/build/CMakeFiles/miniconda/download/Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh
>from #!/bin/sh -> #!/bin/bash

Thanks for the heads up.
>the file fails if it is run in sh script.
>
>Any suggestions on how to get past this windows.h missing file?

This doesn't look like an error to me. The script is looking to see if
Windows.h is present, so a (non-fatal) error should be expected:

>Determining if the include file Windows.h exists failed with the following
>output:
>fatal error: Windows.h: No such file or directory
> 1 | #include <Windows.h>
> | ^~~~~~~~~~~
>compilation terminated.

I think the actual reason things stopped is for some other reason(?).
Can you try re-running, and/or post the complete cmake.log and (perhaps)
other error logs?

....thanks for the input. But, FWIW, I've used Ubuntu 22.04 without seeing
any of the behavior that you report. I tend to use Intel's python
distribution, rather than relying on miniconda, so I may have missed that
problem. But xleap works fine for me, without making any changes.
Not sure what the difference is, although I had a fresh install and not an
upgrade -- maybe that is key.

....dac