Re: [AMBER] query about 2-forms of a cofactor in MCPB.py

From: Vaibhav Dixit via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 19:50:46 +0530

Dear David,
This makes sense, but then it raises another question, how to objectively
decide these atom types (nomenclature).
Can you please suggest a scheme/technique for example to assign unique atom
types to one of the two redox states of the Heme cofactor?
I think these will have to be also different from any of the standard AA,
nucleic acid, Water, and ion atom types. Thus I'm not sure how to approach
this.
Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions.
Thank you very much and best regards.
Vaibhav

Regards,

Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,

Asst. Prof., Department of Medicinal Chemistry,

National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Guwahati
(NIPER-G), Sila Katamur (Halugurisuk), P.O.: Changsari, Dist: Kamrup, Pin:
781101, Assam, India

Mob. No. +91-7709129400,
Email: vaibhav.niperguwahati.in; vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
https://niperguwahati.ac.in/DOC/profile/dixit.pdf
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/

ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941

NCBI bibliography: