Re: [AMBER] Generate top file using tleap without atom reordering

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 16:44:02 -0500

On Fri, Dec 02, 2022, Kari Gaalswyk via AMBER wrote:

>I am trying to generate a .top file from a single snapshot of a CAMPARI
>trajectory (.pdb that has gone through pdb4amber) for clustering with
>cpptraj. However, tleaps' automatic atom reordering results in a top
>file that no longer matches the trajectory. I want to avoid loading each
>individual frame (as there are 27,000 frames) into tleap, however I can't
>find a way to prevent this reordering. I also cannot make use of cpptraj's
>atommap or parmed's addPDB without a .top that matches the trajectory
>ordering and CAMPARI doesn't output a topology (only a Z-matrix file in
>Tinker format). Is there a way to get tleap to adhere to the atom ordering
>in the pdb, or better yet, a way to reorder the trajectory to match the new
>top file?

You don't say exactly what "automatic atom reordering" means. The ordering
of atoms within a residue is determined by the libraries that get loaded.
You could create your own libraries with the CAMPARI ordering (if this is
indeed the problem), but that would also be a lot of work.

If you can convert one snapshot to pdb format, are you sure it is not simplest
to write a script to do that 27000 times? Then load those into cpptraj and
convert back to an Amber-compatible trajectory format like netCDF? Computers
are good at doing boring repetitive tasks.

...good luck...dac