Re: [AMBER] How to restrain minimum distance between proteins?

From: Gustavo Seabra via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:39:23 -0400

Hi Matthew,

Have you tried to set a restraint on the distance between COMs of the two
proteins? I suppose you can have something like:

&rst
    iat=-1,-1,
    igr1= (list CAs fr the first protein),
    igr2= (list CAs for the second protein),
    r1=(minimal distance - some tolerance), r2=(minimal distance),
r3=(minimal distance), r4=(minimal distance + tolerance),
    rk2=(some force constant), rk3=0.0
 /

As long as the "minimal distance" is larger than the sum of the protein
radii, that should avoid them to get in contact.

Al the best,
--
Gustavo Seabra.