Re: [AMBER] Ion counting

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 14:53:19 -0400

Hi,

You can use the 'rdf' command in cpptraj to calculate a radial
distribution function of ions from the DNA. For the normalization to
make sense (i.e. for a value of 1 to be "bulk") you'll have to adjust
the reference density from its default of 0.033456 mols/Ang^3 (which
corresponds to 1 g/mL, the reference density for water) to something
appropriate to your ion concentration. You can get the raw counts with
the 'rawrdf' keyword, but keep in mind those are the actual raw
counts. they are not averaged over frames.

Note that as of version 6.11.0 there is a CUDA version of the RDF
calculation in cpptraj, which can be significantly faster.

-Dan