Re: [AMBER] NUMEXTRA Error

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:14:33 -0400

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022, Qi Wang via AMBER wrote:

>We are trying to set up a system including dummy atoms. We got "Error in
>numextra_test", even though the value of "NUMEXTRA" in the prmtop is the
>same as the number of dummy particles. The prmtop file was generated with
>parmed. Is any documentation available that could help us resolve this
>error?

Can you provide more information here:

   a. exactly how did you prepare the prmtop file?
   b. what commands did you use that generated the "error in
      numextra_test"? Was it a sander run?

Note the the NUMEXTRA value in the prmtop file must equal the number of
atoms with symbol "EP ". Are all your dummy atoms named "EP"?

....thx...dac