[AMBER] Fwd: CPPTRAJ: sign convention for dihedral angles!!

From: Cenk Andac via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:14:21 +0300

Hi Dan,

Sorry for getting back to you later. We have just come back from a summer
vacation.
Thank you for responding.

"I'm certain there is no bug"

Yes you are right. I have noticed a glitch in our Linux server. I have
recently noticed that I used a linux editor that adds "^M" at the end of
each line. I also found a swap file in the directory I was running cpptraj,
which defines alpha torsion as
:n.O3' :n.P :n.O5' :n.C5'
I remember, I had edited this file to redefine alpha torsion as
:n-1.O3' :n.P :n.O5' :n.C5'

Even though I used the edited file as input in cpptraj many times, I kept
getting the same weird results for the alpha torsions as before.
I have recently generated a new cpptraj input file in a different directory
using the correct definition of the alpha torsion, and the result came out
to be alright, giving rise to major populations for gauche - . So, it works
now :)
Well, I have decided to upgrade and reinstall Linux OS on the server.
Problem is solved.

Thank you for your suggestions on troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Cenk