[AMBER] Ambertools21 installation problems

From: Gert Kruger via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:09:14 +0000

Dear All,

I am installing Amber20/Ambertools21 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I get the
same error than Victor Nazarychev before -
http://archive.ambermd.org/202110/0196.html

While I am busy with the "make install" command.

I see David proposed a fix to Victor. Any help you can suggest to me?

Here follows my error:

[ 94%] Building C object
AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/CMakeFiles/leap_common_obj.dir/getline.c.o
/home/gert/amber20_src/AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/getline.c:117:17:
error: conflicting types for ‘write’; have ‘int()’
  117 | extern int write();
      | ^~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/sigstksz.h:24,
                 from /usr/include/signal.h:328,
                 from
/home/gert/amber20_src/AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/getline.c:36:
/usr/include/unistd.h:378:16: note: previous declaration of ‘write’
with type ‘ssize_t(int, const void *, size_t)’ {aka ‘long int(int,
const void *, long unsigned int)’}
  378 | extern ssize_t write (int __fd, const void *__buf, size_t __n)
__wur
      | ^~~~~
/home/gert/amber20_src/AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/getline.c:133:17:
error: conflicting types for ‘read’; have ‘int()’
  133 | extern int read();

and further down (at the end):

make[2]: ***
[AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/CMakeFiles/leap_common_obj.dir/build.make
:132:
AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/CMakeFiles/leap_common_obj.dir/getline.c.o
] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7290:
AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/CMakeFiles/leap_common_obj.dir/all] Error
2
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

Thanks alot and best wishes
Gert

UKZN email disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail may contain personal information, and/or privileged information, and/or confidential information. The information contained herein is therefore only meant for consumption by the recipient mentioned and for the purpose as specified in the body of the e-mail. Should you receive this e-mail in error kindly inform the sender of such by responding to the sender via a response e-mail and thereafter please delete the original e-mail received as well as the response e-mail. The University of KwaZulu-Natal e-mail platform is meant for business purposes (of the University) only and the University therefore does not accept any liability whatsoever that may arise from instances where such platform is utilised for personal reasons. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail represent those of the author and may not necessarily be binding on the University. The author of the e-mail may also not bind the University in any manner that may be construed from the contents of the e-mail unless such sender has been granted the requisite authority to do so by the University.