Re: [AMBER] cpptraj doesn't read c4 term of LJ 12-6-4 potential

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:43:29 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 6:31 AM <gsormani.ictp.it> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> I imagine then that Amber20 is a previous version than 5.3.7.

Yes, amber20 ships with 5.1.0 I think.

> What is strange is that I use Amber16 on a different server and there
> have any warning. Are previous versions of cpptraj simply ignoring the c4
> term without telling?

Effectively yes. I don't remember when the Lennard Jones C
coefficients were introduced, but I think at that point (amber 16)
cpptraj was skipping unrecognized FLAGs silently unless a debug level
had been set.

> Can I be sure that the simulation is actually using the 12-6-4 LJ
> potential once the flag "lj1264 = 1" is in the output of the pmemd.cuda ?

I think that if that flag is set the simulation will use the 12-6-4
potential, but I haven't ever used it myself so I'm not sure what
error checking is in place.

> Could you please give me some extra details about the possibility of using
> esander to print the c4/r4 term?

You would pass the 'lj1264 1' keyword to the esander command, but
since I don't think even sander can specifically split out the r4
component of the 12-6-4 potential, this probably won't help you. You
may need to dive into the sander code directly to have it print what
you want. Others with more 12-6-4 experience may want to chime in
here.

> Sorry if my questions are basic, I started to use Amber very recently.

Don't apologize for asking questions - that's what the list is here for!

-Dan