[AMBER] A5000 vs 2080 Ti

From: Fabian Glaser <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:25:34 +0300

Dear experts,

I have recently purchased a new machine with NVIDIA RTX A5000, and when I compare the performance (identical system) with my older machine with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, the improvement is just about 20% ns x day. My system of 143727 atoms runs about 140ns / day for the 2080Ti and 170ns for the A5000 (both with dt=0.004)

Is that a reasonable performance?
I compiled with the cmake defaults (after some tweaks and some work I have to say), is there a better way to compile cuda 11.04 with pmemd.cuda that will run faster?

Thanks a lot!

Fabian