Re: [AMBER] PMEMD does not support single H residues!

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 03:23:10 +0000

I think you cannot fix it. As stated, PMEMD needs more than a single atom (I am assuming H residue is just that). Also, I am curious what you expect to learn from simulation of a single atom. If you ran MD on this, the atom would just move in straight line based on initial velocity (assuming a T scaling algorithm) ... with nothing to collide into to change course, it would just drift forever. Depending on code / force accuracy, with T coupling it could speed up over time (slowly, assuming energy drain although since single atom, no worry about SHAKE accuracy), but not change course since nothing to collide with. With Langevin you may get kicks out of the straight line, but still unclear what you learn.

--tec3