[AMBER] [AMBER ] cudaMemcpy GpuBuffer::Download failed an illegal memory access was encountered.

From: Anita Meena <Anita.Meena.cys20.chemistry.iitd.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:35:29 +0530

Dear Amber users,

I am trying to simulate a protein in water. I have successfully
generated the topology (.top) and coordinate (.rst) files using tleap.
I am getting the following error while minimization, particularly in the
minimization of water.

cudaMemcpy GpuBuffer::Download failed an illegal memory access was
encountered.
And this didn't give results in the output file (min_wat.out) and didn't
generate the coordinate file.

I used the following command for minimization:

pmemd.cuda -O -i min_wat.in -o min_wat.out -p job_solv.top -c
job_solv.rst -r min_wat.rst -ref job_solv.rst.
Here is the min_wat.in, I used

Minimize water
  System minimization:
&cntrl
    imin=1, ntmin=1, nmropt=0, drms=0.1,
    maxcyc=10000, ncyc=7000,
    ntx=1, irest=0,
    ntpr=500, ntwr=500, iwrap=0,
    ntf=1, ntb=1, cut=5.0, nsnb=5,
    igb=0,
    ibelly=0, ntr=1,
    restraintmask="!:WAT", restraint_wt=10.0,
&end
  /
I also tried the same for 3 steps using pmemd.cuda (setting ntpr=ntwr=1)
but the same problem popped up.

When I did it using the sander.MPI and it worked.

Can someone explain, why it's showing problems with pmemd.cuda.

Thanks and regards,