Re: [AMBER] Stripping waters from trajectory except those forming bridged H-bond between Protein and Ligand

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:19:42 -0400

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 12:14 AM Rakesh Srivastava
<allahabad.21.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber users, for a MMPBSA calculation, I want those explicit water
> molecules to be kept in the trajectory which form a bridged H-bond between
> protein and ligand, while the rest of other water molecules to be stripped.

So right now there's no way to do this directly (but it's a good idea
and functionality I'd like to add). For now, the information you need
is in the [ID] data set (bridging ID) created by 'hbond' and written
to the 'out' file (restrict 'hbond' to only the solute residues you
are interested in). The bridging ID data set is a string and contains
'None' if there are no bridging waters and a string with format
For example:

208(10+11+)

Means solvent residue 208 bridged solute residues 10 and 11. That
would be the residue you want to keep for that frame; right now you'd
have to strip everything else out manually.

I'll keep you updated if I think of a better solution.

-Dan