Re: [AMBER] problems installing Amber20 + AmberTools21 parallel version with open-mpi

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:02:14 -0500

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022, Antonija Tomić wrote:

>After modifying “-DMPI=TRUE” and performing “sudo ./run_cmake” I
>initialized “sudo make install” and got the following error (the whole
>output is given in attached file):
>
>collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>failure.
>removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o
>error: Cannot link MPI programs. Check your configuration!!!

Try adding the following line to your run_cmake file:

    -DDISABLE_TOOLS="mmpbsa_py"

Updates to mpi4py (which get downloaded when you re-install miniconda) seem
to have broken the parallel version of mmpbsa_py. This *should* all
everything else to build, but I've not tested this myself.

...hope this helps....dac