Re: [AMBER] [Amber]Not able to generate eq_density.cpptraj file while doing QM/MM calculations

From: Anita Meena <Anita.Meena.cys20.chemistry.iitd.ac.in>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 11:33:49 +0530

Hi, thanks for your time.

I am trying to perform QM/MM calculations for protein ligand system
using the tutorial
https://www.bonvinlab.org/education/biomolecular-simulations-018/CPMD_tutorial/
I have generated the eq_density.rst file successfully. When I visualized
the eq_density.rst in VMD, I couldn't find the box (orthorhombic) I
created.
However, now I want to move to CPMD in order to perform a QM/MM MD
simulation, and CPMD does not apply “automatically” PBC to the starting
configuration. Consequently, I need to “reimage” the coordinates into
the primary unit cell. This task can be performed by the cpptraj
program.
The tutorial suggests to Move the topology and final coordinates files
to a folder and then create the input file eq_density.cpptraj for
cpptraj with the command:

cpptraj complex_solv.top < eq_density.cpptraj

The command is using eq_density.cpptraj as an input, but I don't have
this file.

Right after this command the tutorial uses VMD to visualize
reimaged.rst. But I don't know how this file has been generated using
cpptraj and eq_density.cpptraj.

It would be great if you can help me generating two files a)
eq_density.cpptraj b) reimaged.rst

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Anita